- D.H. Lawrence, Book by Book
- Geraldine Brooks, Book by Book
- Sue Miller, Book by Book
- Best Books on the Tudor Dynasty
- Our comprehensive New Books Guide (see reviews below)
- Book Awards, Book Group, Reader Recommendations, and all the rest!
Correction: 1950 Bestsellers
Due to a production error, the 1950 fiction bestsellers on page 68 of our March/April 2008 issue were not from, ahem, 1950. The actual New York Times Bestsellers for the entire year of 1950 were:
1. The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier
2. The Wall by John Hersey
3. The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson
4. Across the River and into the Trees by Ernest Hemingway
5. The Disenchanted by Budd Schulberg
Not only do we regret the error, we feel really stupid that it occurred...